Monday, 25 February 2008

More equipment

This time some new hardware for the EEE PC. Although the E3 has 4Gb of storage, the system takes up 62% (2.3Gb) which only leaves 38% (1.4Gb) of user storage.

At present I`m only using about 10% (140Mb) of space, it's always nice to have extra storage space.

So I`ll bought an Emtec Giga Cube; this is a 8Gb USB portable Hard Drive storage device.

Unlike flash drive that have flash memory, is device is actual a mini HD. The outer casing is made of soft black rubber for protection and the device is so small and light it will easily fit into a pocket.

The USB plug, plugs into the back of the unit to keep it save when not being used.

Back & Front

    Capacity: 8GB

  • Host Interface: USB2.0
  • Max Reading Speed: 5MB/s (28Mbits)
  • Max Writing Speed: 4MB/s (16Mbit/s)
  • Dimensions (L x W x H): 49 x 65 x 15mm
  • Weight: 45g (approx.)
  • Power: USB bus-powered 4.5V~5.5V - no need for an external power adapter
  • Warranty: 2 years

Giga Cube & SE W810i

No comments:

Post a Comment