Saturday 25 April 2009

Mat

My last night in Scotland, last year; I found that my sleeping mat had developed a leak and was going down after a few hours.

Once home I got it in the bath, and eventually found the hole and repaired it. Or so I thought; last weekend's trip I used the mat for the first time since then and it was still leaking.

I've had this mat for 5 years and it was a freebie; so I pretty much got my monies worth from it.

Biggest problem now was getting a replacement, as they are impossible to buy in the U.K. Other than the U.S the only other countries than seem to have them is Australia or New Zealand.

I don't mind buying equipment outside the EU or even paying the 15% tax on it, but I do mind having to pay the P.O. the £8 for telling me that I have to pay a tax.

Luckily Mac E over at Stayin' Alive had just bought one from a company in the U.K.


So an order to Raw Outdoors on Thursday and today I have my shiny new mat.



I did looking into buying a NeoAir but was not sure whether I would like it or not and also the price was a bit to much; plus I know exactly what I'm getting with the Themo mat.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that's got me interested! Can you give me an idea of how big the packed size is?

    ReplyDelete