Monday 9 March 2009

Bad Wind

After Saturday's problems with the wind across the microphone on the Zi6, I have spent some time looking for ways to block out the wind but still allow the mic to pick up sounds and my voice.

The microphone isn't that big but picks up a lot of noise.

Position of microphone

After a bit of a hunt around the internet; I found a company that sells faux fur throws and will send out swatches of the different types they do, so I ordered half a dozen different one's to see which will work best.

Hopefully these swatches will arrive soon and I can start testing them out.

The biggest worry is how to attach them to the camera; I have seen some ideas where the fur is attached using sticky Velcro but I don't fancy sticking Velcro to the camera, so will have to find an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment