Tuesday 22 June 2010

SoFoBoMo

SoFoBoMo stands for Solo Photograph Book Month.

SoFoBoMo is a group event where a bunch of photographers all make solo photo books start to finish in 31 days.

This year the project runs from 1st June to 31th July; this is a fuzzy month which allows the photogrpher to start at any time within these date but still have a month to complete the project.

I signed up for last year's event but never get around to doing it.

This year Darren decided to have a go as well, so I thought I`d keep him company.

I was hoping to use the TGO Challenge as my entry but it was outside the dates, so another idea would have to be found, and this was a problem as I didn't have to many free weekend in the time period to get out and take something.

Luckily something was brought to my attention late last week, and a plan was formed to get a set of photographs for the project.

So Saturday morning saw me in Central London at 07.30 am and at the start of a 12 hour run around London, taking in most of the well known landmarks, Leicester Square, St James Park, Hyde Park, Barker Street, Marble Arch, Green Park, The City of London, St Paul's cathedral, London's South bank and finally Greenwich.

All of this was to get the photographs for my SoFoBoMo book Elephant's in London

It was fun doing this in such a short timescale and I really enjoyed visiting some of my old childhood haunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment