Wednesday 14 February 2007

Rainy Days


Crossing Woolcombe beach just before the rain


I hate rainy days, or let me rephrase that. I hate walking or riding my scooter when its raining.

Today it is coming down in bucket loads in London. I`ve had to take my scooter in to the City to get a new exhaust fitted and it was quite scary travelling into town in the rain and fighting the jugganauts.

I don't mind the rain if I`m tucked up I my tent and it starts to rain; I quite like the sound of the rain hitting the flysheet, it can be very soothing.

There are days when I`m backpacking; that I would rather stay put in the tent than pack up and walk in the rain. It can be quite depressing, no views to see, the constant rustle of the waterproofs and that damp patch that maybe sweat or more worringly rain leaking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment